The Firm has offices on the Treasure Coast of Florida, with its main offices located in Jupiter, Florida which is housed in three facilities totaling 20,000 square feet. The Firm houses a general practice law firm, possessing multifamily office capabilities, estate and trust administration departments, a tax compliance department, a real estate department and affiliated title company (Counselors Title), and an affiliated real estate company (Counselors Realty). The Firm is unique in that it is one of the first firms on the Treasure Coast of Florida to pool the professional disciplines of attorneys, accountants, and legal assistants in order to provide focused services to its clients. Complementing our staff is our commitment to use the latest technology and systems that enhance and facilitate our commitment to timely and complete service, allowing us to address our clients' needs in the most cost effective and timely manner.
Our offices have been created to provide convenient access to our clients and to house our key service departments. Technology permits us to exchange documents, information, and legal research among all of our offices in a seamless and timely manner, and provides us with access to worldwide information and daily events.
Our goal is to provide the highest level of personalized legal and tax counsel at competitive cost. This is accomplished through knowledge and experience, specialized training, commitment, focused practice areas, and the use of state-of-the-art technological systems. Integrating many of our practice areas avoids duplication of cost and reduces the chance of planning error. For example, those clients who choose to have us prepare their annual tax returns are placed into an estate planning monitoring service, which permits us to provide a more complete solution to common client needs. We believe that we are unique within our communities in our ability to offer services under one roof that normally require the work of two or more professional service organizations.
Representative Clients: The Firm's representative clients are confidential but encompass a wide range of individuals, including Fortune 500 executives, politicians, sports figures, and private companies and businesses. The Firm also represents various private and public nonprofit organizations.
941 North Highway A1A Jupiter, Florida 33477 561-747-7300
1101 East Ocean Boulevard Stuart, Florida 34994 772-223-0700
- Joseph C. Kempe, LL.M.
- David C. Tassell, Esq.
- Marnie Ritchie Poncy, Esq.
- Melissa D. Lazarchick, Esq.
- Conner R. Kempe, LL.M.
- Colby J. Kempe, LL.M.
- Jesse J. Hap, Esq.
Emeritus and Counsel
- William “Bill” Lazarchick, Jr.
CPAs and Tax Accountants
- Denise Alpert, CPA
- Chris G. Bourdeau, CPA
- Owen Bradley, CPA
- Peter Crane, CPA
- Benjamin M. Devlen, CPA
- Dorian Dortch, CPA
- Mike Posten, CPA
- Aaron Flood
- Michael Kramer
- Maureen Lloyd Rigaudon
Normally we bill our work hourly with most work being delegated to the person at the lowest hourly rate capable of completing the assigned task under the supervision of our attorneys. It is often beneficial, however, to set fixed fees so that some certainty is established. The vast majority of our work is based upon a fixed fee contract that is entered after an initial consultation, which is generally provided without cost or obligation. Some clients retain us under an annual retainer agreement when they desire comprehensive services under our Wealth Management practice.
Statement Of Client Rights
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in our office.
- You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court approval may be required in some matters and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge).
- You are entitled to your lawyer’s independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.